Ad Chauffeurs Ltd takes the privacy and security of your data very seriously.
References to the processing of information includes the collection, use, storage and protection of data.
Ad Chauffeurs Ltd is the ‘data controller’ for the purposes of this policy, and the policy extends to its staff, trustees, volunteers and anyone else processing data on our behalf from time to time.
Organisations are permitted to process data if they have a legal basis for doing so. Ad Chauffeurs Ltd processes data on the basis that:
- Express and informed consent has been given by the person whose data is being processed; and/or
- Ad Chauffeurs Ltd has a legitimate interest in processing data; and/or
- It is necessary in relation to a contract or agreement which the person has entered into or because the person has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract or agreement; and/or
- There is a legal or regulatory obligation on Ad Chauffeurs Ltd to process data.
Where Ad Chauffeurs Ltd is relying solely on consent as the basis for processing data, we are required to obtain your explicit consent and you can modify or withdraw this consent at any time by notifying us in writing, although this may affect the extent to which we are able to provide services to or interact with you in future.
Where Ad Chauffeurs Ltd is relying solely on legitimate interest as the basis for processing data, we are required to notify you that we are relying on this, but that you can modify or withdraw from this arrangement at any time by notifying us in writing, although this may affect the extent to which we are able to provide services to or interact with you in future.
Ad Chauffeurs Ltd may change this policy from time to time and any such changes will be published on our website. Notwithstanding any change to this policy, we will continue to process your personal data in accordance with your rights and our obligations in law.
This policy has been put in place to protect your rights under the Data Protection laws, and it is important that you understand what we will do with your data and are happy with this. If you want to discuss any matter relating to how your data is used, please call us on+44(0) 207 461 0575, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What types of information do we collect and how do we use it?
- Information you give us. You may provide information by contacting us via our Website, by email, telephone, social media or otherwise, or by signing up for our newsletters, or by creating an account and then using our services.
- If you use our services through your company, information provided to us by your employer. In the case of our corporate customers only, your employer may provide us with information about you when it signs up to use our services, for example your name and business email address.
- Information provided to us by a third party and/or collected from public records in the case of fraud or suspected fraud. In the case of fraud or suspected fraud, we may obtain information from third parties and from public records to prevent and detect fraud.
- To perform our contract with you, we will use your information:
- to communicate with you;
- to provide you with ground transportation and/or courier services;
- to create records of bookings and to send you booking acknowledgments, confirmations, receipts and invoices; and
- To maintain records of lost property.
- As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our services and organisation, we will use your information:
- To detect and prevent fraud and crime;
- For reporting and data analysis purposes;
- To administer our membership and loyalty scheme(s);
- For insurance purposes;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations imposed by Transport for London and any other licensing authority where we provide services;
- to meet customer service requirements and for complaint handling and feedback;
- To monitor and assess the quality of our service;
- To host events for our customers;
- To pass on feedback such as ratings or compliments about our drivers;
- To sign you up for our newsletters
- To contact you via telephone, email, SMS
- To identify our users;
- To personalise our services for you, for example, to provide you with an accessible vehicle where you request such a vehicle and if you have opted in to marketing, to send you promotions and offers tailored to your use of the services, for example, discounts on airport bookings where you frequently make airport bookings;
- To enforce our terms and conditions;
- If you have opted in to marketing, to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, events and other news and information we think will be of interest to you
Your rights in relation to your personal data
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. Any such request must be submitted in writing.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information, but this may inhibit or limit the way in which Ad Chauffeurs Ltd is able to interact with you. You may, at any time, change your mind about what information we hold about you, or if we continue to hold it at all, subject to any legal obligation on Ad Chauffeurs Ltd to retain data.
You are responsible for the accuracy of data you have provided to Ad Chauffeurs Ltd. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You can obtain further information about Data Protection and privacy laws by visiting the Information Commissioner’s website at: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the data we process. Persons processing data on behalf of Ad Chauffeurs Ltd do so in accordance with this policy and on the basis that Ad Chauffeurs Ltd is satisfied that they can and will adhere to our high standards for data protection and security.
Web browsing and Cookies
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use do not use traffic log cookies.
Links to other websites